Sanitary and veterinary treatment of horses
Here you will find all the details concerning the medical care of all the horses of Viñales.
At their 1st birthday, all horse owners must go and register them with the government. It is a Cuban law, so there is no exception.
During this meeting, the government will mark the skin of all horses, with different meanings.
• 1) The year of birth is marked on the right front leg.
• 2) The municipality of origin is marked with a number and a letter on right hind leg.
Then the government registers the horses in a register, where their color and condition que noted. (state: stallions; whole horse or Gelding; castrated horse).
After marking them, horse owners will have to go to a health appointment every 6 months. At this meeting, the horses will receive two vaccines.
• 1) Tetanus vaccine.
• 2) Equine encephalitis vaccine.
Then a blood sample for analysis. They will be looking for 3 diseases;
• 1) Anemia, in the event of a positive test, the government will condemn it to prevent the spread of this disease.
• 2) Brucellosis, in case of a positive test, the government will condemn it to prevent the spread of this disease.
• 3) Leptospirosis, in case of a positive test, treatment will be given.
Everything written in the paragraphs above is mandatory by the government.
After this, veterinarians recommend that owners administer medications every 3 months.
In these drugs, are recommended;
• 1) an anti-parasite
• 2) vitamins
• 3) a magnesium cure
JMC Viñales Aventura adheres to this treatment, believing that it promotes the good health of its horses.